Your Personal Information
Your personal details will not be sold, exchanged, or disclosed to any third party, unless required by law. We will remove your email address, phone number or other information from our database at your request. As a Dancenorth patron, your details may be retained and used for the following purposes:
- contacting patrons in the event of a performance cancellation
- notifying changes of performance details
- replacement of lost tickets
- distribution of tickets (e.g. box office collections)
- to obtain transaction authorisation and ensure lawful use of credit cards
Your details may also be used by Dancenorth for the following purposes:
- to market upcoming performances
- to market web services
- to recommend to patrons other services that Dancenorth offers that may be of interest
- for such further and other lawful uses in connection with Dancenorth activities consistent with this Privacy Statement
You may opt out of these services by calling or emailing Dancenorth.
Dancenorth will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure information that we hold about you. We will take all reasonable steps within our power to ensure security around personal data and compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Online transaction security
Personal and financial information provided when you purchase your tickets is protected at all stages of the transaction. When information is deemed sensitive it is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encryption. This means that all transactions are transmitted and received using secure, highly encrypted mechanisms.
Online privacy issues
Links to other websites
Data access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to any information that Dancenorth holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to change or correct information about you, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you purchase tickets from our website you are able to access or correct the personal information that Dancenorth holds about you by logging onto our website. If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing, including your phone number, email address, and forward this to: The General Manager, Dancenorth, PO Box 1645, Townsville QLD 4810 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Dancenorth, Corner Walker and Stanley Streets, Townsville, QLD 4810
- By letter: The General Manager, Dancenorth, PO Box 1645, Townsville QLD 4810
- Email: info@Dancenorth.com.au
- Facsimile: +61 07 4721 3014